Roof Restoration vs Roof Replacement in commercial roofing is one of the most frequently asked questions amongst Roofing Contractors.
The answer isn’t always easy to identify.
The key to facing this dilemma is understanding how both roofing solutions work while identifying the factors that can affect your decision.
A lot of these questions depend on your visual inspections and the prior maintenance programs that the roof has had.
Aside from previous roof maintenance and inspection, a contractor must also consider the budgetary limits and business impacts on the client before making a decision.
One solution can be more cost-effective than the other.
How do you know if a roof restoration system can be suitable for your project?
This article aims to help you navigate this dilemma covering a basic understanding of each solution and the aspects one needs to consider for each.
Discover the identifying aspects you need to consider before making a decision.
Start with a Visual Inspection
Do you see any irreparable damage?
Too many cracks, bubbles, or blisters in the roofing membrane?
Ponding water that doesn’t effectively drain?
All these signs in excess means that you may need to choose a roof replacement.
When to Replace a Commercial Roof?
The most important reason for a roof replacement can be obvious.
A replacement will be the only way when a roof is extremely damaged and only this solution can take care of all of the roofing issues.
You will ensure that 100% of the underlayment damages of the structure are taken care of by doing a roof replacement.
A new roof also increases the value of the property and it could be an investment for those who can afford it.
Besides, you can give your customers the chance to customize the roofing system amongst various options that can give them a lifespan of up to 30 years or more.
Key Aspects to Consider for a Full Roof Replacement
- Most of the insulation is damaged, broken, or wet
- Your customer plans to stay in the building for more than a decade
- The current roof exceeds the expected lifespan
- More than 25% to 30% of the roof condition is compromised
Roof Replacement Pros
- Gives a new appearance to your clients and their tenants
- A new roof can add more years to the lifespan of the building
- Improves building strength and resistance
- Increases the safety of the building
Roof Replacement Cons
- The building will be exposed when removing the old roofing system
- Mechanical and HVAC installations on the roof can slow and difficult the process
- It’s more disruptive to tenant’s activities than applying a roof restoration system
- Roofing waste materials go to the landfills (it’s not an Eco-Friendly choice)
When to Restore a Commercial Roof?
The number one reason for choosing a roof restoration is the cost-efficiency.
Of course, a roof restoration system will cost less than an entire replacement.
This means that if your customers own a small to medium business, they will be able to easily afford a restoration because it requires a smaller budget.
The process of roof restoration is faster too, this means it can save you time and you can focus on your next project quicker.
Also, this can be a great asset to building owners and property managers who cannot afford any stoppage of their business activities.
At Instacoat Premium Products, we can suggest you choose our Silicone Roof Restoration System.
You can ask for a warranty that extends and protects the life of your Commercial Roof Projects for 20 years or more.
It could be a great opportunity if you consider that a commercial roof restoration will cost less than half compared to a roof replacement.
This is a great opportunity to get projects consistently.
With the right warranty system, you will be able to provide safety and extend the same lifespan as a roof replacement to your customers.
Key Aspects to Consider for a Roof Restoration
- The existing roof has never been restored
- Warranty of the roof restoration system
- Existing insulation is in good condition and dry
- Does the roof have followed a maintenance program?
Roof Restoration Pros with Instacoat Premium Products
- Lower-Cost and Eco-Friendly
- Fast cure time and easy installation
- Suitable for complex roofing systems
- Saves Energy Bills
Roof Restoration Cons
- Not ideal if the roof has sustained too much damage
- Doesn’t fix structural issues
- Not all roofing issues are evident
- Weather sensitive installation
As you can see, a roof replacement is inevitable when the elements of the roof are heavily damaged.
But in most cases, a roof restoration will be better for almost every building.
They are cost-effective and an eco-friendly choice, which means no roofing wasting materials go to the landfill.
By choosing the right warranty program with Instacoat Premium Products Roof Restoration Systems, you can also prolong the commercial roof lifespan up to 20 years or more.
Make sure your roof is protected and waterproof.
Likewise, you can reduce your expense, boost the appeal of your projects, and execute them with any of our sprayer’s equipment and packages.
Don’t miss the opportunity to have all these benefits for your Roofing business.
Contact us today!